The “Mental Illness: It’s not always what you think” project is organizing mental health art exhibits around Sacramento County to honor May is Mental Health Month.
Sacramento County is looking for individuals that live with mental illness or who support others that may live with mental illness to submit artwork which would be featured at several locations in Sacramento. All art displayed will help to dispel myths and stereotypes about mental illness and promote messages of wellness, hope and recovery. If you or someone close to you is living with mental illness, they hope that you’ll take this opportunity to express your experience visually through paintings, photography or drawings that could be put on display.
Art submission guidelines:
- One piece per artist may be submitted
- The piece must be wall mountable artwork that is ready to hang (attached cable or hook)
- The piece must not exceed 24” x 36”
- All entries must be prepared and submitted by Wednesday, April 30, 2014 along with a completed form – found here, and delivered to:
- Raj Dhanda at Edelman – 921 11th Street, Suite 250 – Sacramento, CA 95814
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org